Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Quality of a Good Friend

     Macbeth and Banquo are shown to be very close friends, and that's a good thing as a trio of witches have predicted Banquo at Macbeth's side and Banquo's descendants will succeed Macbeth. The two men are comrades in both war and society, but are told one will succeed over the other. Macbeth and Banquo are to follow the same path differently, and I think that it will bring a new twist in their friendship. 
     A 'good' friend will vary from person to person, but there are common qualities that all people can appreciate no matter their packaging. Bittersweet honesty can be in a friendship, but a friend should always respect the value of a friend speaking honestly of how they feel towards each other. Honesty can go a long way in friends being true to you and themselves, as it shows their comfort and safety with that other person. Unlike honesty, people should not restrain themselves from being kind to others, as the quality easily attracts people and it's a very important trait to find in a friend. Kindness comes in different forms and can be loud and public or quiet and private, but it never fails to show appreciation and carefulness for others. A form of kindness and comfort for another is the ability to  make a friend laugh and smile during times they need to smile. I think a person that can make you laugh is diamond in the rough because it takes a certain specialty to make someone smile and laugh during a really hard time. I have several friends that can make me laugh, and though I don't say whether it was a good or bad day, I'm thankful I have those types of friends. 

     My relationship with my best friend(s) is really close, and we're all close together. We all share inside jokes and laughs. We always enjoy each other's company and do not fail to entertain the other no matter who the host is. My friend and I's personalities are both similar in tastes, but different in behavior and we've known each other for awhile and our friendship is very strong. My friend has all the qualities I value, so I hope I also act as a good friend. I truly believe we could remain best friends, even if we hope our futures to be in different directions. We share a lot of laughs and memories together and we also share a lot of the same values. As much as we known about each other I like that we don't always known everything because it will always make a new conversation and add to the continuity to our friendship for now, and, hopefully, for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment