As a group of friends, you'd want to do about everything the same and together. There are both and bad types of peer pressure, and whether or not to give in to the temptation is your decision. It's all natural for us to want to fit in and be apart of everyone, so it'd only make sense if we'd like to do everything together or alike. We are influenced by people we meet and things we see everyday of our lives. Much of our behavior and mannerisms are influenced by parents, and what we want to do can be influenced by friends. How we do things can be based off of our own morals and beliefs and friends very much sway are different opinions and perspective on things.
I try not to give in to negative peer pressure by my friends whether their doing it directly or indirectly. Gossiping is a common temptation that I give in to, but I am influenced positively by my friends or classmates. Becoming involved in different sports or activities have often positively affect me because my friends joined them as well. When I make a decision, I'll not only refer to my previous experiences and consequences, but to what's happened to friends. In terms of behavior, watching what happens with friends can determine whether or not to do the same- if it will be beneficial or detrimental.
Like I said before, I've been peer pressured or encouraged to participate in activities by friends, which are only ever positive. Although, never have I been peer pressured into anything negative like drinking or drugs. I think it's only peer pressure if you make it, otherwise it is nothing at all. Peer pressure may have not negatively affected myself, but it can be rather deteriorating to others as they meet at a crossroad of what their friends are doing and what should be done. Friends will always become most important people in our lives and can easily sway our thoughts, and that is why it is also important to wisely choose our friends.
Like I said before, I've been peer pressured or encouraged to participate in activities by friends, which are only ever positive. Although, never have I been peer pressured into anything negative like drinking or drugs. I think it's only peer pressure if you make it, otherwise it is nothing at all. Peer pressure may have not negatively affected myself, but it can be rather deteriorating to others as they meet at a crossroad of what their friends are doing and what should be done. Friends will always become most important people in our lives and can easily sway our thoughts, and that is why it is also important to wisely choose our friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment